30 Nov How to get India visa on arrival or tourist Visa for India?
Do you know how to get India visa on arrival? It’s very important for you to know all about it.
Recently the Indian government has introduced new E-visas. With the help of this, you can get Indian Visas much easily and quickly.
However, this isn’t truly accurate as you should apply for a visa before traveling to India. It does make it a lot easier to visit India for shorter trips than before.
Citizens from one hundred forty-seven countries are eligible to apply for an E Tourist Visa to India, including Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UK, Ireland, USA, and many other EU countries.
To know more, simply click on the link below:
- At first, the estimated time of arrival was valid for only thirty days. The E Visa costs along with a small admin charge.
- The application process is fully online, so you can apply a minimum of four days before you travel to India.
- However, the E Tourist Visa is good only for short visits to India because it’s only valid for sixty days.
- If you want to make a longer trip to India, then you’ve to apply for the old six-month tourist visa which is more complicated.
- So, it’s advised that you read this comprehensive guide to apply for an Indian visa. It’ll guide you through the process.
- Indians can obtain a Visa on Arrival for a maximum of ninety days, it’s free of charge.
- India visa on arrival is valid for thirty days from the date of arrival in India.
The Update April 2017:
Now, the E-visa has three subcategories;
- E-Tourist Visa
- E-Business Visa
- E-Medical Visa.
Double entry is permitted only on E-Tourist Visa & E-Business Visa. Triple Entry will be permitted on E-Medical visa.
The seaports are Cochin, Goa and Mangalore. The window for application under the e-visa scheme has been increased from thirty days to one hundred twenty days.
How to apply for an Indian E-Visa online:
- You can apply for an E Visa to India on the government website. Then, you can collect your India visa on arrival at one of the major airports in India.
- You’ve to remember that still there’s a lot of paperwork to do. If you make a mistake on the form, then you’re rejected and have to apply again.
- The India e Visa fee and the processing fee for the application are non-refundable. The government charges a service fee however they provide a zero frustration policy.
- They accept applications at any time. If you pay more for rush processing, they’ll send your E-Visa through email within seventy-two hours or even quicker.
- The e tourist visa India processing time is also very less.
- The estimated time of arrival is not extendable or convertible. So, you can only apply for two eTVs in one year.
- The application procedure for the E Tourist Visa is now fully online. It takes five to six working days for approval.
- The cost of the visa depends upon your nationality. For citizens of the United States, UK and Russia, the E Tourist visa costs with a small admin charge.
How to apply for the E Tourist Visa (ETV):
- A Tourist Visa on Arrival is valid for entry & stay in India within the period of its validity. It is subjected to the specified terms & conditions.
- You can apply for an E Visa to India on the government website, not less than five days and not more than thirty days before the date of travel.
- The E-Visa is sent to you within three to five days.
- However, if you use an agent you can apply anytime, so you don’t have to worry & your visa is processed and sent to you within seventy-two hours.
- Your passport will need to be valid for six months. So, you’ll need to upload the photo page of your passport and a passport photo of yourself.
- Fill out the forms and pay the fee online with a credit or debit card. Your E-Visa should be sent to you through email within three to five days.
- It’s valid for thirty days from the date of entry.
- Then, you need to collect your visa on arrival at one of the major airports in India.
- You need to understand that the scheme will now operate at seventeen major international airports.
- Keep in mind to take a print out and carry a copy of your E-tourist visa with you.
- You should have a return ticket and enough money to cover your expenses during your stay in India. The E-Tourist Visa is valid only for sixty days.
- Tourist Visa on arrival is issued with a maximum validity of thirty days with single entry facility by the Immigration officer at Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi, and Kolkata Airports.